At Wallis Shipping we accept our environmental responsibilities and recognise our obligation to reduce the impact of business activities on the environment.
Within our aim of making a “World of Difference” in the international freight and logistics management market, we will continue to invest in services and solutions to add value to our customers’ global supply chains. This goal will be enhanced by the improvement of the environmental performance throughout our network.
Unlike some other UK freight companies, Wallis Shipping will not deal with waste and scrap technology logistics (computers and devices). As part of our company ethos we don’t believe in shipping waste around the world to landfill or burning sites and prefer to only to work with recyclable materials and green commodities. As part of our waste management we ensure we recycle to the highest levels in our office environments. We also monitor our suppliers and shipping companies we work with to check their environmental policies on reducing carbon emissions and controlling waste.
At Wallis we have been heavily involved in a national low carbon logistics initiative to switch container shipping from road to rail with great success.
Our Main Ethical Principles:
- We will utilise and promote the use of clean, green and recycled materials whenever possible, and we will work with our employees, customers and suppliers to ensure that all waste is disposed of in line with legal and environmental requirements.
- We do not ship waste and scrap technology logistics (computers and devices).
- We will minimise consumption of natural resources, including energy, water and raw materials, as far as is economically practicable.
- We will assess the environmental impact on all current and likely future operations, and fully integrate environmental considerations and objectives into our business decisions.
- We will choose, and encourage our clients to use, low carbon logistics wherever possible.
- We use company vehicles with low CO2 emissions wherever possible.
- We recognise the potential local impact of our activities. We will therefore strive to minimise noise and visual intrusion and endeavour to take into account local community environmental concerns.
- We will not ship, and are not licenced to work with, firearms, weapons or ammunition.
The achievement of business growth, without compromising the quality of the environment.